Monday, May 15, 2006

Saxby Update

I tried calling Saxby's office back at the number they called me from, but I received a recording telling me the number was incorrect. Instead of getting caught up in a mountain of recordings I fired off another email. You should notice the email is basically a reproduction of a post.

Here it is:

"OK. you want to cut the deficit.

But you did support the relatvely huge , ½ trillion dollar defense budget.

If you really care about the deficit, why did you vote against accountability on how that huge amount of money is spent? I read about tanks, jets, and other weapons inventories disappearing (possibly into the hands of terrorists?). I read about billions of dollars unaccounted for in Iraq. Yet you vote against bills to to investigate contracting in Iraq and Afghanistan. And you vote against budget accountability for the wars.

Wouldn’t the ½ trillion defense budget provide a better opportunity for finding savings than preventing some low income young adults from getting an education?

Put it in perspective. If war contracting was made more efficient (less fraudulent?) by only 3/10ths of a percent, we’d have gotten the $1.5 billion that you took from veterans medical care. And we’d have gotten it by cutting waste instead of dishonoring this country’s soldiers.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Thank You,
Dan"

Can't wait to hear the response to that one. If your senator voted against this bill too I encourage each of you to write to them asking the same questions. You can find their roll call votes on the Senate's webpage.

No comments: